Traffic will be affected by work on the next stage of Elizabeth Quay which began this morning.
The Riverside Drive bicycle path is not affected, according to the Metropolitan Redevelopment Authority map at http://www.mra.wa.gov.au/Projects/Elizabeth-Quay/Works-Updates/Traffic-Impacts/
Traffic disruptions for cyclists heading from Riverside Drive into the city are:
- The Esplanade: No westbound traffic
- Mounts Bay Road: Eastbound traffic is reduced to two lanes between Mill and William streets.
- 2. Barrack Street: Both northbound lanes have reopened but the western footpath is still closed.
Work to change access to Esplanade Station is due to finish at the end of this month.
- William Street, between Mounts Bay Road and Riverside Drive, is closed.
- Left turn only from William Street at The Esplanade.
- All footpaths on William Street south of The Esplanade are closed.
The work begun this morning was for a wall to hold back the Swan River while the Elizabeth Quay inlet is dug.
Planning Minister John Day said it would take six months to complete.
When the wall was finished, enough sand to fill 45 Olympic-size swimming pools would be dug out.