Full Survey can be found here.
Based on responses by 55% of Local Councils:
- Councils responding to the survey spent more than $72 million on bicycle-related programs in 2009-10.
- Survey participants reported receiving $26m from Australian government and $26 m from State governments.
- More than two thirds of responding councils either have a bicycle strategy or are working towards one.
- There has been a significant increase in the proportion of councils undertaking cycling counts from 12% in 2007 to 21% in 2011.
- As at June 2010, councils responding to the survey reported having constructed 11,704km of cycling infrastructure. When their cycle networks are complete the infrastructure will measure 17,842km.
- Survey participants reported the installation of 508 sporting and recreational facilities including: 36 velodromes, 113 mountain biking facilities and 360 BMX/skate facilities.